28 May 2009

Peace Corps Update

I have been accepted into a Community Health and Economic Development program in Uganda, specializing in water and sanitation. My description of service (DOS) lists a variety of projects I could be working on, including malaria prevention, hygiene education, water and sanitation projects and education, HIV/AIDS assistance and education, to name a few.

Pre-Service Training starts on August 2 in Philadelphia, and I leave for Uganda on August 4. Yes, I am scared, but also look forward to the challenges, rewards, and personal growth that will come of 27 months of living in Sub-Saharan Africa.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Matt,
My name is Erin, I just found out today that I will be going with you.

Matt Kuhl said...

Yay Erin! Join our facebook group - Peace Corps: Uganda (August 2009)

Alysha Holmquist said...

Yay Matt! I'm excited and proud of you! Are you headed back here one last time before you're off???

Anonymous said...

Hello Matt,
Fun reading your blog.
I am the mom of RPCV from Uganda. You have to remember lot of accronames durring your first 3 months of traing in Kampala. Have a wondeful 27 months.

Anonymous said...

Don't be too nervous. Good luck and know that you will help a lot of people.
QN.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Matt! You will have the time of your life and make so many great memories there but most importantly have an impact on the world, yeah! We will miss you, let me know if you come back to the Seattle area before leaving :)
Sally