05 August 2009

The Last Supper

I am finally in Philly, after leaving Portland early yesterday morning and arriving around 9pm in the city of brotherly love. I met up with some early-arrivals yesterday at the hotel bar (where else?!), then explored a bit of the city with them again this morning. Philly is pretty nice - the old town at least. I saw the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall, and got my share of Americana before heading off for two years.

PCT, or Pre-Service Training was today. After check-in we did several hours of group exorcises, including introductions, and other fun activities. We went over a lot of the general Peace Corps policies, history, and basically why we're here.

After those fun and games most of us went out for dinner and drinks (including some karaoke) nearby. The Last Supper was a wonderfully delicious hamburger with bacon, swiss, BBQ sauce, and even Ranch. I would never eat this normally, but it may be the last decent burger I have in two years... better make it worth while!

But now it's bedtime. We leave at about 9:30 tomorrow morning for New York, then our flight takes off at 5:50 to Brussels. We arrive around 7:30am, and leave again at 10:30 for Entebbe. :) I've got some sleeping pills for the 18-hour trip!

I'll write again when we arrive. Take care.

No comments: